Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Movies- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Hve any of you seen this movie, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.....

Well, I basically grew up with it. Its just that these days Oha, GingaJinketsuKoushi, and just about every other animator from 16+ has at least one dedication thing to the Lion King, as quoting from Oha from her pic of Simba and Nala,
"But it's just happened that I've found some pictures of The Lion King on my PC, and suddenly I got SO MANY memories and feelings in my heart. No matter what happened, the Lion King is always will be such a HUGE part of our childhood, the kids of 90s."
So I just started feelin sad again. I mean, with OoT its the same thing. I know we've all watched TLK. Each and every one of us. But back then it was "revolutionary" (like OoT) and that's why it was remembered in their lives. But tell me comrades, what was revolutionary in our lives? (Ok teh Wii- it will forever be remmebered in my heart, but probobly not in yours). Well, thanks to YT, I sortakindaalmostish know.

--------------------



This is- WAS the latest project of one of teh WC animators (Warior cats). Watch if u dare, but it'll give you never before seen spoilers (to you- I ahve read this part over millions of times). And I ahve to say, this perosn can't draw. They said it themselves that they're an AKN (allikatnya) type, who doesnt draw a sketch or any guidelines before the final pic. Yes, they ame storyboards, but theres no sketch. And so, the music, as we should all remember, is from TLK. And when I try and recreate this vid in my head, for some reason after teh pounding with teh dogs, the TLK music gets replaced by Spirit music, for some strange reason. As I found out today, it turns out it was teh same composer, Hans Zimmer. This person is amazing. Yes, he did do both the soundtracks, as well as soundtracks for about 20-30 other movies, and the music was partly responsible for why both Spirit and TLK are very well loved.

And as an example of this, listen to teh main theme of Spirit::



Some Lion King music::



Behold, comrades, get hold od true magic. All those times that Olya rambled on about msuic being food for the soul I never beleived her. Well, b/c of TP I did (listen to Calm and Hope).

Behold, the true magic of teh world. I just wish I was younger when I saw TLK, and when I lived in the 90s era. It seemed like, teh ebst time to live! Internet was getting started, PCs were still in fashion, the 3D boom exploded, Oot, The 2nd Golden Age of Disney. I wish. But you can't reverse time. Sadly. I wish.

Ah well. Wishing does no good. I guess I just ahve to re-see the movies.......

*goes to watch tehm on YT*

2 comments: