Thursday, November 4, 2010

Its the CIIIRRCLEEE OF BUSINESSSSS

ITS THE CIRCLE OF BUSINESS.

AND IT SURROUNDS US ALL.

THROUGH RECESSIONS AND BOOMS.

THROUGH FAITH AND RISK/.

I TRULY DONT KNOW.

Every single Thursday that my mom picks me up from my art class, she stays and talks with the teacher, Lena, about the art business, my mom's business, economy in general, immigrants, virtues, ideas for future income, and how this generation (aka, ME) will be affected by it. The above conversation is VERY interesting.

First they talk about the students and work that the women do. Lena is having a pretty tough time now, because her students are leaving: her old, artsy students will stay with her, her ish-ish students will probably take a leave, the new ones will stay for a while or leave, and the rest are undecided. I happen to be in the old students.m ;) But her other, non-tight students are leaving. Since summer, nearly a score has left. Because of an issue in the spring (too many cars were coming and leaving at her home, because the art school was in her garage, and the neighbors complained to the HOA, and so Lena needed to get a rent to a studio), Lena now has to pay rent for an EPIC studio. Im not kidding. The studio is one of my other homes. Its that awesome.

---My throat hearts. *goes and takes ice tea from the fridge* Ah, thats better. Hey, Xtina, you dared me to go a day without tea, remember? That's the day I woke up 2 hours late for school, missed my zero period, fell asleep in history, bombed the math test, and got in trouble with Ms. deLisa for loitering in the hallways (with Alice, of course, because we always loiter in the hallways when we're bored during study hall). ITS ALL IN THE TEA MON.----

And so they were talking business idea: what they can do that can get them some profit and what they can do. Lena began talking about things that made perfect sense to me: I would gradly fulfill some of the duties for her. She's doing an open house for her studio some Sunday; Im not sure when. She has tons of ideas, but she needs to advertise. That's where I come in. She can use her website to promote business. This makes absolute perfect sense: our generation, us, and those mothers a little older than me, never look into a newspaper or a bullitin. We always search on Google or in the local magazine (I always read my Grayhawk Flight) or we ask around, correct? Lena has an outdated website, she's working on teh magazine, and asking around isn't enough anymore. And so, she needs to fix up that website. She can't really hire a stranger to update her website for her, its much easier for her to communicate in Russian, not English, and she wants to benefit someone that she knows. ;3 Yours truly is here to help! I know some html, I speak Russian, and I need money to pay back my parents for that trip to Japan Im taking with the International Club in the summer (EKEEEK I CANT WAIT I WAS DOING THIS [LINK] DURING CHEMISTRY RIGHT BEFORE THE HUGE TEST WHEN I HEARD THAT BBJ AND MUSEY ARE ALSO CONFIRMED FOR THE TRIP. IT WAS AWESOME. I WAS TRYING NOT TO LAUGH DURING THE TEST XDXDXD.)

And so this Sunday I will be awesome and I will improve that website with the somewhat-fail-html skillzzzz I have!

http://www.dropsofrainbow.net/

This is the site. I feel too lazy too hyperlink it. >.< My brother is watching a new Scooby Doo movie behind my back. I wanna type this somewhere else. I am now in my brother's room while he is in mine. Irony.

And so they [Lena and my mom] talk about who is willing to pay, and who they can get, and which communities, and why, and etc etc. Btw, this may feel offensive to some people, but then again, Im making fun of myself as well as the rest of the world here, so bear with me. They come to Scottsdale residents, the Americans. The traditional Americans have one stay-at-home mother who is either stressed or greedy. Lena had a couple incidents where she had to print out all the check given by a woman to show her that she didn't pay for her child's art lessons for the month. Then they talk about the ethnic groups who are living well and also are a good market. They talk about the recent boom on teh Polish population, the large Indian population, the wide European market, the South Africans... Strange how immigrants are more... thankful for what they get than the native Americans. I wont press any more on the issue. Just think about it.

What was I talking about? I was in the middle of chatting with 2 friends [Xtina and Av], commenting on Av's *new* post (about time, Av), looking through ten-min challenges on YT...
Publish Post

I dont remember. My foot fell asleep.

Im going to end this post. Xtina is complaining that I take too long (do we act like siblings? that's what Alice says when we start fighting). Av is slowly updating on my October posts. BAH THEYRE CHATTING AGAIN!!

GOODBYE FOLKS! STAY AWESOME!

*STAY HAPPY*

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you and I think that's awesome! My dad owns about a million HTML books, if you need one for reference, lemme know! XD

    ReplyDelete