Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feeling all nostalgic.



Does this remind anyone else about something? Something that you aren't sure of?

The beginning... It feels so nostalgic. Im not sure why. Maybe it's just because it's the tune from one of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who - "Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead." One of the scariest, sad, maddening, grip-your-chair, sleep-less-night type of episode.



I was going to be all nostalgic, but while I was searching for a good nostalgic song to be nostalgic about, I stumbled across the music above. DONNA. That's her theme. What a fantastic character! She's absolutely sarcastic, hilarious... NOBLE. XD She's such a... fantastic person! God, I love Donna. XD

*listens to "The Girl with No Name" again*

Im have no idea why the first 6 seconds feel so nostalgic. Those 6 seconds evoke the same emotion that "A Window to the Past" from the Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban evoke. That sort of... stare into the distance type feeling.

River Song.



SPOILERS BEWARE FROM THIS POINT ON

IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?

BECAUSE I WILL BE TALKING ABOUT MAJOR PLOT TWISTS PRESENT IN THE FIFTH AND SIXTH SERIES SO FAR!

OK?

BECAUSE IF YOU HAVNT SEEN THOSE TWO SERIES YOULL BE TERRIBLE MAD AT ME FOR SPOILING IT!

IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?

OK!




... I tried to make the picture as small as I could in case idiots decided to keep on looking. It didn't work.

This song... Is one of those songs that you can also just stare out into the distance to. And it's the music playing during one of the most sad and... memorable... and important scenes ever. ... I remember the first time I heard this not in the episode, I cried. Honest to goodness. Just... what? They can't just kill off the main character! ... He knew he was going to die! he planned this! ... But of course he knew, Amy accidentally told him when she thought she told the ganger!Doctor...

URGH. You know what's sad? River and the Doctor. They keep on meeting... but they both know how both of them will die. The first time the Doctor meets River, she sacrifices herself so that he will have those times with her, in his future, in her past. River saw the Doctor walk up to the astronaut in 2011... Just walk up to him and know that he's going to die. heck - he even invited River, Amy, and Rory to see... To know. So he knew, at the moment of his death, maybe even before, that all their adventures, starting from the cafe meeting... They knew how he was going to die.

Imagine working right by River Song... But at the same time, knowing that in a few years, she's going to connect herself to a computer and... poof. River Song must feel the same way, flirting with the man who's body she just let burn in a boat on a lake.

It's just so sad...




I admit it, i cried at this point.

As much as I love both the Doctor and River Song... Their story is just too sad.

URGH. I want to draw some fanart... But how in the world am I to show their demented relationship... \

RIP River Song
RIP Doctor

1 comment:

  1. That was sad. I won't be mad at you. For some reason, I don't mind spoilers... but that was sad.

    ReplyDelete